- COVID-19 in an ongoing pandemic started on December 2019 in Wuhan, China and was spread worldwide.
- The cause of the disease is a novel coronavirus named SARS-CoV-2
- Millions of people worldwide contracted the virus with millions deaths and hundreds of thousands left with side effects (long Covid).
- Several therapies were developed (mainly antibodies) or treatment with known drugs were used, with minimal effect.
- Vaccines were developed very quickly but there is still an urgent need for safe and effective treatment for COVID-19 in order to stop the viral spread and end the loss of lives.